Dendroboard banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, our designs both look nice! I wish I had gone with the black panel after looking at Socratic Monologue's InSitu build, but alas, too late! I like the way they turned out so far. It will be nice to get some frogs in them in February or so. I have two different types of imitators going in these.

I tried a different substrate approach this time around. It is primarily just a layer of tiny LECA (used for bonsai), topped with Flourite, then leaf litter. I've started to add in some ABG against the back and some other areas I intend on planting with some Philodendrons (from Peru to try and make a biotope sort of tank). I think the lack of ABG is probably contributing to the dryness, and certainly the lack of plants as well. I have only the back vent partially open at this time...but this varies on the day...and I am continually adjusting misting. I don't usually check humidity, but I check daily with a handheld one just to try and get a feel until I can get more stability in these tanks. Trying to see if I can get it to stabilize around 60% or so between misting, but not too worried!
I’m not sure how he does it but on instagram studiofiftyfrogs creates really cool looking backgrounds. Id like to figure that out for my second tank.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts