Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the hobby. I got an exo-terra mini tall terrarium, and I’m working on getting everything set up. Is it possible to have a misting setup without using a solid top? Or will I lose too much to evaporation?

I have an Inkbird Humidity Controller I can hook it up to to maintain a good level, but is that a reasonable thing to do with just the screen top?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
5,116 Posts
A 12 x 12 x 18 is smaller than prudently advisable for any species of dart frog, especially for a novice keeper (smaller vivs are much harder to provide all the needs of frogs).

Controlling misting via RH readings isn't a good idea. Better to mist twice daily on a schedule (perhaps three or four times if you live in a desert), then adjust ventilation so that surfaces mostly dry out within a few hours of misting. Measuring RH is not useful, and is sometimes very detrimental. Darts don't need a controlled RH.

Searching "humidity" here, and ordering results by date (so you get the most recent discussions first) will give a lot of detailed explanation on RH, humidity and ventilation.

Reactions: isaacalves
1 - 2 of 2 Posts