Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Sorry for the silly question. For a 36 inch wide 32 inch high would you recommend a single nozzle either end and a double in the middle. Thank you for any help and advice.
Gary

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah ok. I am at the very early stages at the moment. Just the buying stage. Thank you for the reply's.

·
Registered
314 Posts
On my 36x18x24 I use 6 nozzles, and I still have a couple dry spots. But I grow mostly minis, so I need really good coverage.

My impression: fewer nozzles work well with larger plants that have expansive root systems, vines, etc. You'll need to run them a little longer each time they go off.

More nozzles are good for lots of tiny plants with very contained root systems, so you get better coverage, but I run mine in 10-15 second bursts, and then occasional 1 minute "rain storms".

·
Registered
256 Posts
I use the double misting assembly on 18x18x24, and use 2 of these on my 22x24x18. I typically use pieces from a single mister to extend one of the doubles as well, so it has better reach to the rear of the tank.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Oh and if you end up using lots of nozzles for coverage, don't mount them all in the front and aim them the same way. I have 2 sets of nozzles, on either side in the back, and one set center front, and each nozzle is pointed in a specific direction to maximize coverage or provide a specific "moist zone" for really high-moisture orchids. It took a lot of tweaking over a few months before I was happy with where each one is pointing.

·
Super Moderator
2,936 Posts
My only suggestion is that you plan for the future. If you plan on having more than one tank and they will be hooked up to the same system, you will need to balance the number of nozzles. If you have 10 nozzles in the first one, that sets the number that you will need to have for every subsequent tank of the same size that you add to your setup :)

Mark

·
Super Moderator
3,561 Posts
My only suggestion is that you plan for the future. If you plan on having more than one tank and they will be hooked up to the same system, you will need to balance the number of nozzles. If you have 10 nozzles in the first one, that sets the number that you will need to have for every subsequent tank of the same size that you add to your setup :)

Mark
And to add to that, also keep in mind the capacity of whatever pump you will be using in relation to the number of tanks you will need to spray, i.e. the starter Mistking pump will only accommodate 10 nozzles.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi
Do you Guys add a heater to the container suppling the nozzles ? if so what temp please.
Thank you.
Gary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts