Dendroboard banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start out by saying I have never, ever drilled glass before. That being said I'm setting up my first rack and I want to make the tanks as low maintenance as possible...so I wanted to install a drain in the tank.

So I used the advanced search in the tool bar and searched "drilling glass". You're not going to believe this but it turns out there were many people before me that posted on how to drill glass. Musta been my lucky day. there were threads with step by step directions, ones with pictures, one even had a video. Wow, the amount of information was unbelievable I never would have been exposed to this wealth of information had a simply posted a new thread. It only gets better. I also needed to figure out what size bulkhead to use and what drill bit. Another quick search for bulkheads and bam. I found a recommended source to purchase the bulkheads and the matching size drill bit to drill the hole. I was so money I didn't even know.

Long story short. I drilled and installed bulkheads on three new exo terras this evening. Went smooth as silk. The next step is fly proofing. I already bought the silcone tubing. Man this search feature is awesome. Thanks Dendroboard.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts