Dendroboard banner

MINT TERRIBLIS TANK 14 GAL HEX

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Derek Benson 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Nothing wrong with having plants from a local source. Some people (like me) don't want to pay to have plants shipped. As long as it looks nice and keeps the frogs happy, who cares where the plants came from?

And yes, a 14 gallon hex is going to be too small for 3 terribilis.

G
#9 ·
I never said there was anything wrong with them, I have many in various terraria. One could say the only reason I recognize them is by buying them and seeing them there often. I find it ironic when you can see a plant and name its source.
j

#10 ·
I recognize Home Depot plants when I see them...
Is this plant the one in the lower left corner of the tank? The one that kind of has crinkely looking leaves? I also have that plant. It has lived in a window sill until about a week or so ago. I put it in one of my quarintine tanks for my azureus. I cleaned the tank today and when I put it back together and sprayed it, this plant started smoking!!! It has a bunch of clusters that look off white. I just figured that they were new leave growth starting, but when they got wet they looked like they were puffing away. Has anyone noticed this before with this plant?! I took it out of the tank because it sort of bothered me, not knowing what the smoke was.

-Shelley

#11 ·
Yeager said:
I never said there was anything wrong with them, I have many in various terraria. One could say the only reason I recognize them is by buying them and seeing them there often. I find it ironic when you can see a plant and name its source.
j
Well, I'm getting better at naming some of those plants too. However, since HD and Lowe's buy plants from local growers, it doesn't necessarily mean that the plants came from HD. I have some of the same plants that came from Lowe's or local nuseries. But yeah, it's kind of strange going into a store and being able to name half of their plants labled 4" Tropicals. My mom is usually the one who can name a plant at a glance.

#12 ·
Actually, I know that Lowe's and Home Depot (so I'm told, not one here) both buy form Exotic Angels plants in florida. I checked out their website and it's exactly what we have here in Kansas. I actually need to go there today before the solomon island eyelash frogs show up and grab some more substrate mixes and look at the plants.
http://www.exoticangel.com

Maybe the "smoke" is spores/pollen or something on that order?

#13 ·
thanks

thanks stitch i have photoshop 2.0 just didnt know how to operate it i am new to digital cameras. i will have it down before i post again. alos the plants in the pics are mostly from lowes they have good cheap tropical plants. I currently have 5 mints in this tank and i am getting a larger tanks soon they are about 6 months old they are all about 1-11/2 inches longs and fat. thanks for all the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.