Dendroboard banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just figured I'd post a little Tupperware test I'm doing:

Contains a load of slugs, worms, caterpillars, spiders and some isos though it's fairly waterlogged atm I may drain some out. It also has 2 young common toads in it however before I'm flamed they will be removed shortly.

Also I have got another small amount of Frogspawn I discovered on a walk which I moved via ice-cream tub away from the dense population of snakes I've found lately, I'm now up to 27 different grass snakes on one walk! I took a small percentage of the frog spawn home to see how they would fair resulting in:

Which as soon as they become froglets will be released into my garden pond currently being constructed.

And just as proof of some of the snakes I'm coming across, here's one I found today whilst moss gathering:

I hope I don't offend too many people by having taken some UK species out of the wild, I can assure you that they will be returned shortly and also that I have been rescuing a lot of frogs from the densely populated snake area, given that I've seen several baby grass snakes feeding on young frogs and toads lately. And I can also say there's next to none of them around this year however I will continue to check every 2-4 days and update my notes.

Thanks,

George

1 - 1 of 1 Posts