Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished putting the background on this vivarium which I got last Saturday from the recently held Reptile Super Show in Pomona, it is made out of plastic ( polycarbonate). I'll be putting some plants next...

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are pictures of my infinity terrarium planted with the following plants...

Epidendrum porpax
Pleurothallis trichostoma
Pleurothallis grobyi
Porroglossum dactylum
Restrepia trichoglossa
Stelis mystax
Neoregelia lilliputiana
Marcgavia sp.
Pilea glauca
Ficus pumila var. quercifolia

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Keep us updated as it grows in.
Thank you, yes I do intend to update this every now and then. There are already new roots developing from the mini orchids and one of the Neoregelia is in bloom right now.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Very nice tank. Do you have a drainage layer? You may want to add one if you don't to keep the soil from getting water logged.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice tank. Do you have a drainage layer? You may want to add one if you don't to keep the soil from getting water logged.
Thank you, yes this tank is well thought of regarding the construction. There is a good size of compartment underneath (which also serves as the base or stand) where I have a good amount of hydroton to keep the soil from getting logged.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update, new plants were introduced and I have to change the CFL. I thought I have a 6500K installed at first but it was a 5000k lamp...

Reactions: Azriel

·
Registered
114 Posts
third picture from the bottom, what is the plant thats in focus in the center? i believe i have that in one tank courtesy of a friend.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
third picture from the bottom, what is the plant thats in focus in the center? i believe i have that in one tank courtesy of a friend.
It is a Trichosalpinx chamaelepanthes...a very nice and easy to grow orchid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts