Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an idea but need some help from the electronic geeks (sorry mean that in a good way) out there. I wanted to mimick my vivs to the weather in Costa Rica or Panama. I want to have my misters and foggers and fans to go off according to the Weather Channels website. Does anyone know of any programs and control boards that I could rig my viv to that would help me make this happen. Thanks

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I dont know what system was used, but I recall reading about a salt water hobbyist who used a digital system that was connected to his computer. The system used the data from that computer to have the conditions of a specific latitude/longitude mimicked daily in his tank. It controlled everything from currents to temps, to light levels depending on what was going on in the real world that day.

You might want to contact this sponsor:
Digital Aquatics

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I dont know what system was used, but I recall reading about a salt water hobbyist who used a digital system that was connected to his computer. The system used the data from that computer to have the conditions of a specific latitude/longitude mimicked daily in his tank. It controlled everything from currents to temps, to light levels depending on what was going on in the real world that day.

You might want to contact this sponsor:
Digital Aquatics
Wow! Really precise!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am not sure about how you would go about mimic live weather in real time or even a daily delay, however it wouldn't be hard to program a controller to setup specific conditions for X amount of time.

Really all that would be needed to be done is get a annual forecast of that area that outputs the temps/humditiy/rainfall amount and scale that data into a annual timer program.

If nothing else you could have multiple programs for example Program 1 is for spring, program 2, is for summer, program there fall.. etc etc..

You could do this with X 10 device probably, or not sure if your familiar with open source ardurio controllers, (not sure if I spelled that right lol)

I would try google Weather Mimic Controller or something to that effect.

You can try the major companies, such as Digital Aquatics, Ecozone, and if you google reef controllers you will get a slew of other companies that are really good.

Best of luck to you. There is also a lighting system used by reefers I think is called Sol Led they have prgramming built into lighting to create dawn, dusk effect and even can manipulate cloud cover, and storms but very expensive

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Someone on the board should try the seasons programs on a breeding pair and see if they get more or less eggs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts