Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I’m familiar with Vivariums and have a heavily planted one for my 1 blue female Azureus. I’m getting baby milk frogs within the next 2 weeks, and while I will be keeping them in a simple setup for the next few months to make sure they thrive, I want to start my build for their permanent tank now.
I have an 18x18x24” exo terra that I plan on making into a bioactive, but I know these frogs also love a pretty big water area.
With that said, does anyone have good ideas for keeping up with a paludarium-type setup like this? Would it be better to just make the base all water? Or just have a removeable water bowl to avoid headache? I hate the idea of a removable water feature but if that’s what I’m stuck with I don’t have much choice.
Anyone have pics of their setups?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I personally would go with a removable water bowl. They're messy frogs and it will just be easier this way in the long run. You can always try to hide it with perching/plants/hardscape, but unless you plan on siphoning out a permanent water feature frequently, I would go removable.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don’t have a pic yet, but I plan on doing a semi-removable water feature in the viv I’m building (for reed frogs). I’m converting a chameleon cage, which has a slot at the bottom of the door for a substrate tray (which is not the case for exo terra, I know). The front part of my will be the water portion, looking at filling a clear dish that occupies across the front part of the tank, somewhat partitioning off the substrate, which will fill the back part of the tank and be planted, etc. My plan is to mostly leave the water container in place, just opening the lower front access to siphon/change water as needed, but I can also slide this separate part out, if need be, without significantly messing with the rest of the tank set up. Maybe an idea for a future build?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts