Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without fertile fronds this genus is a complete b*tch to identify. I have multiple specimens labeled as lycopodoides that look completely different, same for my plants labeled as vaccinifolia. I trust the species I got from Antone is lycopodoides, and the one I received from Harry WHitmore is vaccinifolia, but since I've never gotten fertile fronds, I'm having a hell of a time trying to discern what the identity of my other specimens are. Most likely reptens, but I can't be sure, and I'd like to have a way to positively ID them. Anyone have a decent taxonomical reference? What I've turned up online hasn't been that helpful
Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
I found a couple of technical papers online, but I can't see more than the abstract on them. Both say they have keys to identifying them though. But most likely, without fertile fronds, keying them out would be difficult, as generally they are keyed on sori placement, size, shape, color and spore information, rather than on vegetative growth.

Zac

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Microgramma taxonomy information.

Yeah I know it. It's almost as frustrating a genus as Restrepia when it comes to proper identification
And I apologize my phone doesnt think Microgramma is a word, so my thread title looks bad now

·
Registered
543 Posts
Re: Microgramma taxonomy information.

eh, I knew what you were talking about. I just know searching for Microgramma gives you a ton of information on freaking fonts and not so much on the fern. Bummer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts