Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot :D. Its hard to get good shots with my older digital camera, as it doesn't have the best zoom feature.

As for the dirty perti dishes... First off, I knew someone would say something lol. I use to be real anal about cleaning them, but don't bother with it as much anymore. I will wait for eggs to develop (like in the second egg picture), then cut out bad eggs and remove some of the mess on the dish. I don't know enough about their toxins in the wild, but have heard the same thing you have stated. I do use a tad tea in the dishes, which has tannins in it... so I am sure that helps somewhat. I wouldn't think dirt would be that big of a problem, but I could be wrong. If I get more things settled at my apartment I may start to keep the dishes cleaner again. I also don't want to baby everything though... as I don't think all the eggs would make it in the wild, right?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was offended... as I didn't think you were knocking me or getting on my case. I just knew someone would say something, as I even thought it when I was looking at the pics :D lol. Also, I don't think anyone out there still doesn't have something to learn about darts.

I do like getting as many eggs to froglets as possible, but I just don't have the time to really do it right now. So when I get more time I will probably clean off the dishes better, or put leaves in the dishes so they lay on them instead (more tannnins). However, I still think in general we do baby our frogs a whole lot (includes myself)... but its only cause we love them lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.