Dendroboard banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dendrobates azureus (I'm sure there's a million photos of these guys on this board, but I love sharing these photos)!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, I built this around a 150 gallon wide tank about 6 years ago. I silicon-ed 3 10 gallon tanks inside of it on the back inside. Those are the "land" portion for planting, Foamed into the back wall different huts and planters. The front portion of the aquarium with the glass painted is about 7 inches in dept and the width of the unit (76 inches) and the height of the 10 gallon tanks (12 inches) is full of water. The 7 inch width of water is covered by a 1x8 pvc board from Lowe's. the two 4 inch caps hold 4 inch pvc thin wall canisters half filled with gravel so that a 1 quart Kerr jar sets inside for a ff feeder. I change out the ff jar with a plastic lid with vents and 1 , 1/4 inch hole for the ff to exit with a few holes in the cap to exit. This uses all of the space in the 150 gallon and circulates a drip system in from the top. I have vents with fans and a feeder hole at the top left and right side that funnels treated flies to the bottom area (they fall on the top of foamed in huts) Just replanted trying to find a heard of Highland Bronze to put in there. I have 4 tads coming tomorrow but still looking for about 4 more juvies to add to it. It is about 500 gallons including the water uhat is hidden and about 275 gallons of usable frog space. Hollar if you have any Highland Bronze for sale. Thanks
Onemetalknee

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
wow there some fantastic vivarium there
give me some ideas what to do with my build

·
Registered
12 Posts
I couldn't figure out how to do the photos thing, so i turned to imgur =) https://imgur.com/gallery/CDudQho

please feel free to critique/criticize because i'm open to learning more! i think frog "number 1" has short tongue syndrome because it doesn't flick out a 1.5" tongue like its siblings and i've been giving him/her extra doses of repashy vitamin a plus... but there doesn't seem to be improvement :confused::(
anyways, "number 1" misses about 70% of the time he goes in for a "fruit walk" and ends up glomping on it with his mouth instead of the tongue flick. again, any advice/critique is welcome

are my frogs ALL too skinny???? i noticed that many frogs on this forum and online are more rotund/pudgy looking. is that healthy? i don't want anorexic frogs or to be accused of animal mistreatment!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello, it’s my first time posting here and wanted to ask what time of ranitomeya or oophaga could I get with certain characteristics like medium difficulty ass I own 2 tincs and froglets from them and 4 auratus starting to reproduce. Other characteristics would be colorful and not very shy. I own a 78 gallon tank and was thinking on housing 4 Ranitomeyas or small oophagas but didn’t know which.

Thank you.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts