Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this trio of leucs up today. I was told that they are about 2 1/2 years old. but what I wondering is what is on their noses, there are what look like black scuff marks on their noses.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just looks like little scratches, they get it from foraging sometimes or wedging into tight areas with rough surfaces. My terribs noses look like a great white sharks nose scratches everywhere because they just bulldog their way into things. In my particular case it's because they chase crickets and try to get them even when they hide inside tree fern nooks and they try to get in tight spots so the tree fern scratches them a little.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply I didnt know if I should have been worried about it, I got all my other frogs as froglets and my oldest ones just turned a year old this month so they haven't developed this yet

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yeah my terribs are the only ones out of my collection that have these marks. I guess it depends on the personality of the frogs, only my terribs are such brutes that they chase prey even into rough places.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know if this is scaring or will it go away with time. Because there really isn't anything in there new viv that will scratch them besides the coco hut

·
Registered
676 Posts
Do you know if this is scaring or will it go away with time. Because there really isn't anything in there new viv that will scratch them besides the coco hut
It's permanent but I don't mind because it doesn't take away any of the awesomeness of these frogs. To me I just look at it as my frogs are playing hard and living life to the fullest lol. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts