Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some suggestions and general worry that my weatherproofing is not sufficient, I have decided to get some marine epoxy and seal off my wood completely.

I was hoping to head off to the store today, but I just wanted to confirm whether or not there is anything I must be notably aware of as I have never used any kind of marine products before.

I know mold/fungus inhibitors are generally a bad thing, but besides that I"m not too sure what to look for (or if anyone can direct me at a known, safe brand that is even better :D)

Thanks!

·
Registered
957 Posts
West systems are great and widely used for vivs. make sure you mix your epoxy correctly. Epoxy mixes in a ratio say 1:1 or very often 2:1. This means 2 molecules resin to one hardner. Its pretty exact, if you mix correctly it is pretty safe stuff though. you will hear some stuff about a few compounds used in epoxy to avoid but if mixed correctly you will not have an issues just get a good measuring container or a scale. Have fun!

·
Registered
841 Posts
i would recommend the us composites epoxy that i used on my build. very easy to work with, low fumes while working and once set it should be viv safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts