Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are kept at a cooler temperature then dart frogs; about 68-76 degrees on average. Would it be safe to assume that I can keep them at room temp year round, or will I need extra heat or a cooling system?

·
Premium Member
13,229 Posts
As long as it does not dip below 68. Thats about my temp range and I have had very good luck so far. I try to keep my house about 72-73, but the one room goes a little above and below that.

ortega said:
are kept at a cooler temperature then dart frogs; about 68-76 degrees on average. Would it be safe to assume that I can keep them at room temp year round, or will I need extra heat or a cooling system?

·
Registered
403 Posts
They generally do fine without any additional heating or cooling devices depending on the temperature in the room they are kept in. I use a low wattage infra-red bulb to heat my crocea's terrarium during the summer when I move it to the basement where the temperature stays around 60F but other than that I've never used any other heating devices on terrariums that house mantella frogs. Depending on the species, drops to the high 50's and highs to the low 80's can be tolerated by healthy frogs for a day or so. Species from high altitudes will tolerate lower temperatures better and species from lower altitudes tolerate higher temperatures better. Good luck,[/b]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx

Ya i was thinking that over the summer I may have to move the vivarium to the bacement to keep it from over heating. I guess I just got to know what temp they require and see how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.