Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know for some frogs a specific relative humidity is required. But all the information I've found on Mantellas have been of the "spray them x amount per day" variety. So here are my questions:

Do Mantellas require a specific relative humidity?

If so, what is it for the wet season/dry season?

If not, what general range of relative humidity do they prefer/ have people had success with for each season?

Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Raising/ keeping Mantellas is fairly easy, but breeding them requires more work and cycling of conditions.
They also need cooler temperatures as compared to darts and can tolerate drier conditions than darts.

I've never measured the relative humidity so can't give you that specific answer.
I don't know if anyone else has measured the relative humidity and that's why you see the general information regarding amount/frequency of misting.

In the wild, they have a wet season and a dry season so they are tolerant of a wider range of conditions.
In the viv, you don't need a wet and a dry season unless you are trying to breed them....just stick with the general care as the dry season is stressful unless they are in optimal health/condition to tolerate it.

There are some differences between species regarding the habitat they come from and the temperatures they will tolerate..

Check out these for additional info:
http://mantella.amphibiancare.com/ar...tive_care.html
Marc Staniszewski's Mantella FAQ

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts