Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am just curious as to what everyone is offering their mantellas for feeders and supplements? I offer my mantellas the following feeders: melanogastor wingless, hydei, tropical springtails, dwarf white isopods, rice flour beetles, bean beetles & crickets.

I supplement with the following: Repashy Calcium plus ICB, Rep-Cal Calcium Vitamin D3, Repashy SuperVit, Herptivite, Repashy SuperPig, & Naturose. Rotating of course. Thanks!

Steve

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
melanogastor wingless
purple CR isopods
bean beetles

termites occasionally as a treat

I supplement with Repashy Calcium plus ICB, Rep-Cal Calcium Vitamin D3, Herptivite, SuperPreen, Herpetal Amphib

·
Registered
309 Posts
melanogaster
hydei
bean beetles
springs
dwarf striped isopods

trying to get them to eat whiteworms off food dish. We will see how it goes.

Repashy Calcium plus ICB, Rep-Cal vitamin D3

want to get more supplements to try out.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking about adding paprika to the routine again and getting some of the Super Preen as well.
I tried lesser wax worms and they were interesting. I gave them up though, the tinest of larvae would still crawl through they fine stainless steal screen I had. Don't need them running free in the house!

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
paprika won't do much of anything for color-- you get beta carotene from your supplement. Its best to use Naturose or if you have it, Repashy SuperPig.

In my experience, the most critical time to color up a mantella is during the tadpole stage. Devin Edmonds was never able to have crocea develop flashmarks. Those crocea of his bloodline that you and I have were fed Naturose as tadpoles, and developed flashmarks. They came out neon orange like mads instead of red orange like WC, but it's better than nothing.

I feed fruit flies and crickets mostly. They occasionally receive bean beetles and mealworms. I used to feed termites, but I have been too paranoid about putting traps out since I have new neighbors-- not sure if they treat the home with slow acting termicides.

·
Registered
553 Posts
melanogaster & hydei
crickets
occasional bean beetles, pheonixworms

I used to use Reptile Tri-cal and Nekton-Rep color

I've since been playing with a rotation of Rep-Cal, Repashy ICB and Nekton Rep (old habits die hard).
Wow, I found someone else who still uses Nekton-Rep w/Color.. (especially in the tads fro every third of fourth feeding) I try many other upstart products, but always default back to Nekton.. Rich, good to see.. I'm not alone with sentiment.. lol

Peter Keane

1 - 7 of 7 Posts