Dendroboard banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
oh, and another note about baroni, is that they are very often mislabeled madagascariensis, which are much easier to breed in captivity.

Those eggs look good so far though!

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Yes, mads are almost too easy to get to lay good eggs, but the caveat is their froglets morph out super tiny and will only eat springtails which can be very challenging if you have not setup a springtails bin for the frogs to live in.

Cowani morph out large enough to eat fruit flies, if you’re lucky to get them that far, and I would imagine baroni and nigricans would too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Unfortunately they were infertile. I was surprised by his as I know for sure that there are at least 5 males in the group and they are calling regularly during the day. Anyhow, I added a few more suitable deposition sites so hopefully better luck for the next clutch.

Here are the eggs after I removed them (4+ days after deposition and no change)

photo url converter

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but felt this was worth sharing ;)

The baroni laid a new clutch, and 6 eggs started developing and are now well on their way to healthy tadpoles. Three have already wriggled their way out of the egg mass and by the looks of it, the rest will follow soon.

Still a long way from froglets, but good progress and I'm really happy to have gotten this far already.

Reactions: bssknox
21 - 24 of 24 Posts