Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone....so i was going to get somme dart frog ..but somebody offer me mantella baroni.......but i know nothing about thèm...could it ne a good choice even if i am a beginer?....ans i already got everything to set up m'y terra for imitator...are they living in the same condition

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
The biggest thing I've read with mantella --especially WC-- is they are particularly temperature sensitive. You want temperatures around 60F-70F.

·
Registered
781 Posts
If yon are a beginner, stick to some captive born animals. If you already are setup for imitators, get those.

Wild collected mantella will have parasites, infections, stress, dehydration, etc... You need to be setup with the supplies, knowledge, and experience (and a good veterinarian) to make sure the animals you buy don't perish.

Yes you can buy wild collected and get lucky, but you run a high risk of loosing the animals, it a gamble. No as a beginner, spending money on wild collected animals and having them die on you may be a big discouragement.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They suppose to be breed un captivity....but i guess i cant be 100% sure that its not a lie....:/...thé only problème i have with imitator . is that thé only one i found are 7h away... And the sipping is more than the price of the frog...:/...and get them un thé states is to complicated...

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
WC mantellas aren't that hard to look after. I've only lost ONE WC mantella ebenaui shortly after acquiring them from a dealer after all these years. The other three ebenaui I've had for ten years.

However, definitely buy CB mantellas before WC.

Temperature requirements for mantellas are pretty similar to what we feel comfortable keeping darts at, but mantellas need a cool, dry period unlike most dendrobatid frogs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts