Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vent that seems smaller than my others. I've seen some small/thin looking thumbnails, and don't know if this is a typical looking frog or if I should be worried.

apologies for the quality this was one of the better pictures I could get of him.

-tad

Also I've been wondering, if Vents reach sexual maturity at 6-8 months where most tinc class frogs reach maturity at 12-16 months, Is there a life expectancy difference too?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes that Vent is way too thin. I have 2 male vents and they are soooo fat and love to call all day long. I would defintely Quarantine the one you have with some springs and maybe get a fecal done.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had them all for maybe a month now and they are all quarantined/separate in their own 64 oz containers. The frogs seem to have grown quite a bit (including this one) practically doubling in size. Though he didn't seem as proportionally thin before.

-tad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been feeding springtails and melagnoster, I've not had much luck keeping the flour beetle larvae. I can't picture this guy eating crickets.

-tad

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
tad604 said:
I've been feeding springtails and melagnoster, I've not had much luck keeping the flour beetle larvae. I can't picture this guy eating crickets.

-tad
In addition to the springtails and the flys try throwing in some melanogaster larvae. They are high in fat and frogs just love them. Plus, they are slow and easy to catch...as long as they move.

Yes, male vents mature much sooner than tincs and even female vents. I have had females mature in as little as 7-8 months and males in 5 months.

Justin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts