Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been seeing some strange behavior from my breeding pair of Varadero. At around day 4 after eggs are layed, and signs of development become visual, the male has been moving the eggs down into the broom axis, and into the water. Two clutches were lost due to this. Now clutch three was moved today. Has anyone every observed this? They have never done this before. Any feed back would be appreciated...

-DREW

·
Registered
299 Posts
It could be possible that there is a tadpole hiding down in the brom. If the eggs are fertilized, they should be fine in water. Many of my thumbnails lay in water and the males just go scuba diving.

If they have just started breeding, it may be that they need to work out their technique. If they are established breeders, you may want to integrate more vitamin A into their diet.

Are you using film canisters in their Viv?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for they reply. Yes, there are several film canisters in the enclosure. It had never occurred to me that they might be just feeding a tad correct? They are a fairly new pair, I just haven't see this as of yet. So even if eggs are pushed to water, they should continue to grow just fine? That is, of coarse if they aren't meant for tad pole good right?

-DREW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.