Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cobalt is over a year out of the water. I have yet to hear him call. His finger tips are really wide, but he is fat as hell. Then again, he eats a ton every day.

How accurate is the fingertip method to sex him? "He," err, Kole, has very broad fingers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I happened to see my male citronella call for the first time. I didnt hear a thing but saw him squeeze his lungs. His throat hardly inflated. This frog is several years old, but yours should be mature.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I think that the finger tip method is very accurate, if you have a good comparison subject or have sexed tincs using this method before.

I have had my male cobolt for 6 years and I have never heard or seen him call, but I know he does it because I have clutches from the pair. He is just really quite and it gets drowned out by everything else.

Here is a link to our site that has a picture of our male and female at the bottom. The female's toe pads have actually grown since this picture was taken (so has she) but you can see the size difference. I also believe that although tincs can reproduce at 1 year, they do not reach full size until 18 months. That was the case with these two.
http://www.martin-spot.com/frogs/frogs_ ... orius.html

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts