Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.1.0 trio of Tincs. I was taking pics of some tads at about 2:15 AM. I became aware a short buzzing sound that was repeating. I thought is was my water bottle mister, but soon found it was coming from the Tinc Viv! He has been at it for about 15 mins. now! Do Tincs normally call at night? Do many people hear them? I was under the impression that Tincs were all but inaudible! I guess my male has a set of pipes, 'cause he was singing loud and clear!

JBear

·
Registered
873 Posts
I'd say all my tincs call the most in the dawn and after the lights go out.

All my males have different degrees of loudness as well. Some I can hear on the other side of the house (Cobalts/Alanis) and others I can barely hear if I'm standing right next to the tank (Azureus).

I have even got accustomed to knowing who is calling from a few males cause of how loud/soft or distinctive their call is.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
In four years of keeping azureus, I've never once heard them call. I did see the male calling late in the evening (about 10 pm), but the lights were stil on.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mine call right as the sun starts to come up, and at night when the light gets dim. Sometimes only for a few minutes, but occasionally for an hour or more. I love that quiet buzzing sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts