Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t determine for the life of me whether this is a male or female that just hasn’t reached sexual maturity
any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
722 Posts
How old is it?

I want to say little male but I'm on my phone and can't really see the toe pads or back arch all that well

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old is it?

I want to say little male but I'm on my phone and can't really see the toe pads or back arch all that well

It’s about 9 months old, I’ll see if I can get a better pic. What throws me off is sometimes there’s a prominent arch and then other times it’s gone.

·
Super Moderator
2,931 Posts
It’s about 9 months old, I’ll see if I can get a better pic. What throws me off is sometimes there’s a prominent arch and then other times it’s gone.

I see that in the pictures. The first couple of pictures look like a more male back arch. The last ones look more female. I am leaning toward female based on the sometime-back arch and the toe pads don't look really pronounced. Notice that the first ones, where it looks more male due to a straighter back, her front feet are in a "gully" where her front feet are lower than her back feet.

Mark

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see that in the pictures. The first couple of pictures look like a more male back arch. The last ones look more female. I am leaning toward female based on the sometime-back arch and the toe pads don't look really pronounced. Could make a case either way, though.

Mark

Guess he/she’s just an enigma lol

·
Registered
722 Posts
Ok going back with clearer pics. I'm changing to female. The arc and toe pads look female to me. Even the first pic has a pronounced arc looking back.

Azureus are such nice looking frogs I don't care if they're common or not

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok going back with clearer pics. I'm changing to female. The arc and toe pads look female to me. Even the first pic has a pronounced arc looking back.

Azureus are such nice looking frogs I don't care if they're common or not

I know right, I had Azeureus plastic frogs when I was little and I always wanted the real thing when I was older. They’re absolutely stunning

1 - 14 of 14 Posts