Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a pair of megophrys and they have settled into their new viv great. I just wondered since they are ground dwelling, does anyone know of any other species suitably to put into their viv?? It's has a waterfall and dogger. Height wise its aporox 3 ft x 1.5 ft x 1.5 ft

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
they should be kept alone.

search "mixing". although most topics are about dart frogs, there are many issues that can be relevant to all amphibians.

off the top of my head, (and particular to megophrys) these are extremely cryptic animals that can be easily stressed by anything they feel notices them. also stress in these frogs can be difficult to diagnose by inexperienced keepers since they tend to simply stay completely still as a response, rather than acting erratically as one might expect.

james

·
Registered
151 Posts
I didn't work with them directly, but when I was working for a zoo that was keeping them, the things I remember from working in the same room as them:

They are very cryptic and easily stressed as James said. They didn't have any on exhibit while I was there, just breeding them so I don't know how to set them up in a display viv, can't have too many hiding spots for starters. The zoo kept them in aquariums with a flowing water source and copious amounts of autoclaved sphagnum moss kept above the waterline on a drainage layer. From what I remember they were almost always burried in the damp sphagnum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts