Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to show off my frog rack. Not all the tanks have frogs in them. I had posted my Trifecta of 10 Gallons, but needed to add 2 more horizontal 10 tanks for my tinc froglets.

The tanks have my 0.0.2 "Bakhuis" Tincs, 0.0.2 "Super Blue" Auratus, and my 0.0.2 Hyloxalus azureiventris in them. Everyone is settling in. I have been feeding them a mix of flies, maggots, flour beetles, orange and white isos, and a mix of springs. They also seem to enjoy chasing the fungus gnats. I currently am having an issue with ants bc of all the rain. They dont bother the frogs but they take the maggots out. They are a little to big for the frogs to eat but they still try. Ive gotten the ants out, for now, but I will get some rosemary oil to put around the bottom.
Other then that, everyone is great! Thanks to all my suppliers, Chris rcteem, Scott Menigoz, and Adam Butt, for my wonderful frogs!!

Still cant get pics of the Hylo's, they come out but the tank is hard to photograph in.
Sorry for the crappy iphone pics. I dont have a good lens.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Lookin good man.... pretty soon you're gonna have another rack next to it... and another one on the other side ;)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aw be nice. He's very sensitive about his eye.....

Kidding!
I still dont know if its a boy or a girl. :D

As for the eye, the frogs color wraps around their eye, making it look buggy.

Is it me or is this dude lookin a little bug eyed in front? how funny

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks!
I now have 8 tanks in various stages of development. Not pictured is 2 more 10 gallons, a 20 gallon and 2x30 gallons. I also picked up a 4ft rack system so I can really expand. All I need to do is get inhabitants for them.

Id love to add some red galacts, mantellas, and maybe a pair of iquitos or varaderos.. I also want some more Tincs. I have plenty of room on my rack for them all. I also have tons of plants. Im slowly adding them all to tanks, but it takes a long time (and money) to get all the supplies, and to get the tanks ready for planting.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks great man, I have those same plastic bins with the black circle design on them. You got them from target I assume? anyway, sweet looking frogs!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Everything looks great, I've been enjoying your posts since the trifecta of ten gallons.
I'd love to see the new tanks your working on

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Re: Mak's Rack - Update!

Ok big news.

Ive finished another tank for my Leuc group of 0.0.3. Currently they are in a 10 gallon horizontal. They seem to love it in there. Tons of places for microfauna to hide. I just picked up some "Chocolates" and was going to add them into my group. I decided to build them a bigger tank.It has tons of hideyholes in the background and there's also a drip fall in the middle, that seems to be ideal for mosses.
The tank is heavy seeded with dwarf Isos and springs. All i am waiting to do is get a proper glass top cut and Ill transfer the Leucs to their new home.
I also installed an interior ventilation fan (hidden by the cork bark in the middle). Its a simple L shaped tunnel with fans on either side that pull air up from the base of the waterfall and blows it out to the top right of the tank. You can see the small white mesh i used to cover the opening at the base of the falls. Once it grows in, you wont see the mesh. I have a couple of jewel orchids that seem to be happy and then dont. Theres also some miniature strawberry begonia and mini tiger begonias. Im getting awesome growth from my broms. They are dropping tons of roots and some are even shooting out pups. Ill keep this tank updated when I move in the Leucs.
Heres some pics of the Leucs in their old tank (out in the pen until i open the top, then they scatter :confused:), and the last one is of the new tank.

There is also another 10 gallon (no pic) that I have growing in and a 30 gallon (pic)

Also, once that 10gal is grown in, ill move my bakhuis to it and redo their current tank. It has some slugs and snails that I would like to dispose of.
So that brings it to a total of 8 planted vivs and 2 empty tanks(30 gallon and 55 gallon).

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just received an amazing order of bromeliads from a vendor here. Hes got great "tropical plantz". I need to figure the best way to attack them all the the branches in the 30gal.
Any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts