Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a safe manner I will be making a video soon on feeding my Gray Tree Frogs and American Toads different feeders that are all safe and this is for frog lovers and for educational purposes to film these two species eating captive prey. Pick one of the following options that you would like to see the two amphibians listed above eat.

Hornworms

Praying Mantis

Dubia Roaches

Earthworms and Waxworms

Thanks!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would like to see your praying mantis eat a dubia roach, then feed the gut loaded mantis to your toads.

I've never heard of a praying mantis as a feeder before... Pets, yes, feeders no. So that's kinda different & weird.

Don't forget to practice your David Attenborough impersonation for your narration. Morgan Freeman is okay too, if you find that easier. Better yet, you can keep it informative and funny like Ze Frank's "True Facts" series on YouTube. If you don't know what this is, go check it out, and have a laugh. He's awesome.

Here's True Facts About the Chameleon:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to see your praying mantis eat a dubia roach, then feed the gut loaded mantis to your toads.

I've never heard of a praying mantis as a feeder before... Pets, yes, feeders no. So that's kinda different & weird.

Don't forget to practice your David Attenborough impersonation for your narration. Morgan Freeman is okay too, if you find that easier. Better yet, you can keep it informative and funny like Ze Frank's "True Facts" series on YouTube. If you don't know what this is, go check it out, and have a laugh. He's awesome.

Here's True Facts About the Chameleon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR_byRbXxvs

Enjoy!
I really appreciate your comment! That's awesome! Yeah I will consider it I still have voting going on. My first video is the Banded Cricket coming out soon!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you have both tree frog and toad together. I know mixing is frowned upon but I’ve been researching making a huge viv for the common American toad and American green tree frog. I would love some input if yours do sure a habitat

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have both tree frog and toad together. I know mixing is frowned upon but I’ve been researching making a huge viv for the common American toad and American green tree frog. I would love some input if yours do sure a habitat
They do live together and the green tree frog would possibly be a better tank mate for the toad with their few factors you need to take into account some toads personalities are more aggressive and they will attempt to eat your tree frog whereas the Toads I have I made sure I had the personality but they were peaceful with other tank mates except for their own species. you would definitely need an enclosure at least 75 gallons or 125 gallons to be able to keep both so they can get out of each other's way and enjoy their preference inside the enclosure. I have a situation going on currently wear one of my toads out of nowhere became ill for some reason and the vet believe that to be one of two reasons either a Calcium deficiency or that my toad was poison from the toxin that the gray tree frog releases as they share the same water. The green tree frog to my knowledge does not possess the powerful toxin the gray tree frog releases so it should not be situation of the tree frog poisoning the toad which could be a potential problem that I have. it is definitely something you can research more as some others have done it in the green tree frog must be an adult for you to attempt it or else the toad will eat it. My situation is with gray tree frogs and they hold one of the most powerful toxins for North American species and I do not believe the green tree frog shares that talks and so it could be a lot more safe than my setup depending on what's wrong with my toad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts