Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Always great to see a hobbyist become successful with these guys. Years back they were being sold for around the price of minimum wage here in CA. Nowadays, expensive and harder to find. With folks like you, hopefully we can one day satiate most of the demand. Keep up the great work and keep sharing the pics!

Earlier this year I acquired a 5.5 ratio group of Golden Mantellas. I believe they were a late 2013 imports. Patience has paid off..... so far!

·
Registered
119 Posts
One of my all-time favorites. This was one of my first Mantellas and I paid a
whopping $10 for him. I had him 5 yrs before he died. One of the sweetest frogs
ever!
Good luck to all of you working with this gorgeous frog.
rosie

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Congrats! Those are some cool looking froglets! I actually can't remember ever seeing froglets of this species so they are especially cool to me:cool:

John

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ants? What kind? Have you ever used bean beetles or termites before?
I supplement all of my frogs with ants too. (Linepithema humile, to name one of species of ants that I feed to my frogs.) I wrote a thread on subject awhile ago. I caught a lot of flack from it. So I backed off.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i've been looking into aphids, i know my plant stems get covered with them in the summer(red ones). can you culture them easily? i found a place that sells pea aphids for classroom projects.
Fruit Flies, 1/8th inch crickets, Ants (Spring & Summer), Aphids (Spring, Summer) there is also springtails in the enclosure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have my third clutch of Goldens getting ready to hatch. This is the third clutch from my 2.2 group in the last two months. I only have ten tads developing now from the first two cluches. They still have about a month to go. Goldens are my favorite frog.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts