Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE: apologies for using gross words, just gotta describe it.
Recently when observing my WTF while feeding, I noticed that she had a large lump right next to her anus, sort of protruding to one side. Meaning her butthole is not centered behind her legs, it is pushed off to the side. It is soft and round, does not look like bone. I remember noticing something very similar with her a long time ago (~2 months estimate), but because she was eating and pooping I ignored it. Now that I look at it again(I'm assuming its the same thing I saw before), it is certainly unusual, but again, she moves, eats, and poops just fine, I put her in a quarantine tank the day after she ate when I noticed it and her poop wasnt unusual either. Any thoughts on what this could be? I can attach pictures but I dont think it would do much. It just looks like a cyst in her butt. There is an exotics vet near me but they don't treat amphibians, and I don't know how to find a vet that will treat her. Color, pattern, texture of the lump all matches the rest of her body. Just is a lump.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prolapses aren't uncommon in frogs could be that. Post a picture please
That's true but if it was a prolapse, the tissue would have been exposed outside the body at some point, which I don't believe it was. Could it be an abscess of some kind? It just looks so consistent with the rest of her body. All pictures of abscesses I see in frogs are very clearly filled with blood and pus. Look behind her right leg to see what I'm referring to
Sculpture Human body Gesture Statue Tints and shades

1 - 5 of 5 Posts