Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, to make a long story short. i took my kids to my moms and when i got back I had four lil luec eggs in my hut. So glad i finally got a pair to breed! YAY! :D

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Congratulations! You are well on your way to being overwhelmed with tadpoles!

Take care, Richard.

·
Banned
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will have pics of eyes up tomorrow. As for roght now i can see the tiny little bodies of the tads growing. How long will it take for the first morph from egg to tad?

·
Registered
179 Posts
will have pics of eyes up tomorrow. As for roght now i can see the tiny little bodies of the tads growing. How long will it take for the first morph from egg to tad?
Normally around 2 weeks from egg to tad and about 2 months from tad to froglet. It usually takes a little less than a week to start seeing tad bodies in the eggs, without seeing pics I would say that you are a little under half way to hatching.

·
Banned
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay trying to up load pics now. I can see the bodies of the three of them on top of the yoke. They look like little black stick pens:D

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Congrats!

My leuc has been calling but as soon as he has the female's attention he stops and goes away. She is very fat with eggs. Soon she'll probably tackle him and drag him into the cocohut. :p

·
Banned
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
update tads aren't moving today hope they didnt die. they where very active today and then nothing.:mad:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Don't give up on them yet... and DON'T throw them away!
I've found that the tads in eggs can be VERY stubborn little things...when you want them to move, they will refuse. Doesn't matter whether you wiggle them, tap them on the table, drip water on them, etc. (seriously...I've done this in fear they were dead.) Just give them time and keep them damp but not submerged. More likely than not, being this far along, they're fine.

Congrats again! :)

·
Banned
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Wendy. I talk to Lisa and she said the same thing lol. I pushed on the egg case to see and one wiggled. This is my first set so i just want life hahahah:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Once they hatch, raising tads is really fun. I have raised a lot of tads. It is really rewarding to see them morph out. And one thing I have learned, along with Wendy, is not to give up on eggs, in any herp, or tads.

·
Banned
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
one tad to hit the water out of the three eggs. Good news is that they luecs laid three more eg right behind the first ones
:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's really cool. I never could get my Leucs to breed :confused:

Are you going to set up new vivs for the baby frogs? I always assumed people just sell them.

·
Banned
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Rev. My pc is down so I can't load photos, but I have one tad out of the first 4. Reason being I didn't remove the died egg. On the plus side I got a clutch of 3 more that are doing well and the tad is growing great. I already have a seeded viv that I'm putting the froglets in. I will be keeping the babies because I'm having to sell the parents. But good luck to us all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts