Dendroboard banner

Low Country Critters and Stuff

3K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  VicSkimmr 
#1 ·
My wife and I have been trying to photograph local wildlife and landscapes for one of our walls, so I figure I'd post some of my favorites up for all you Northerners/wrong coasters.

I'll add more as we find more :)

See less See more
#6 ·
Stunning shots! Can't wait to see some more.

What type of camera do you use?
It's a Canon 40D.

Lenses for each shot
1. Canon 10-22 f/3.5 Wide Angle
2. Sigma 150 f/2.8 Macro
3. Canon 10-22 f/3.5 Wide Angle
4. Sigma 150 f/2.8 Macro
5. Sigma 150 f/2.8 Macro
6. Sigma 150 f/2.8 Macro
7. Sigma 150 f/2.8 Macro

#8 ·
Gorgeous pictures that capture the true essence of the Lowcountry, but where are the cast nets and egrets?! Thank you for posting these, it's a wonderful reminder of what I have to look forward to upon our return to my beloved Beaufort in eleven months, not that I'm counting...

Cannot wait to see your next batch.

#10 ·
You'd love our backyard as morning tea is enjoyed with a view of egrets, herons, and multitudes of dragonflies on the pond. Winter brings ibis and otters. I wish I had your photography skills, I could produce some incredible shots!
Ya'll need to head farther south to our area, between Hunting Island and Port Royal Sound you would have some phenomenal shots. There's always beer/wine in the fridge and gas in the boat, I just require payment in the form of a few nice pictures to hang! :D

#17 ·
I used to go to Hunting Island and Beaufort to camp in the Spring and Summers in my high school days. It is such a beautiful area!

Is the Shrimp Shack still there? The run down looking shack/restaurant that kind of looked like a treehouse? I believe it was across the street from Gay's Shrimping business.
They had the best Shrimp Burger!!!

#15 ·
Played golf with the parents this past weekend and had some good luck finding wildlife (thank god since play was sooooo slow).

Wild turkeys :)

Wild Turkey by jasonwithers, on Flickr

Wild Turkey by jasonwithers, on Flickr

Fox Squirrel

Fox Squirrel by jasonwithers, on Flickr

Fox Squirrel by jasonwithers, on Flickr

Gator. This guy was medium sized, maybe 6 feet head to tail?

Alligator near the Marsh by jasonwithers, on Flickr

I was bored so I spent... well too much time editing these, but it was fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.