Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got home from work I went to go and feed and spray down my frogs and noticed one of my almirante collapsed in the corner of the tank. I have always had problems with this one since I got him in July. It’s been a nonstop battle trying to keep this little guy alive. Last past couple of days it didn't seem to be doing well and I guess it decided today was the day to stop fighting. :(

I tried to look for its cage mate but can’t seem to find him; I think he might be down deep in one of the three broms in the tank. I think I will continue the search tomorrow and then quarantine him in a container for a month or so. Do you think this would be necessary or no?
ADAM

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Sometimes no matter what we do, some frogs just won't make it. As for your remaining pumilio, if you know for sure that he/she is eating and seems to be in good health, then I say leave it in the tank. Some may disagree, but the fact is that sometimes moving a frog is more detrimental to their health than moving them into a quarantine container. It never hurts to have a fecal exam done, however. Monitor the frog closely for the next few weeks, and if it seems as though it's happy and healthy, it probably is. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts