Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More leaf litter!
Oh yes, absolutely! I just happened to run out cause I was using the leftover from my first build. No frogs yet. I figured I'll just wait anyway since I'm going to be adding a vineing plant to hopefully cover the floor.

This tank is to separate my 3 azureus into two groups if/when they begin to fight. And/or to use as a grow out tank for babies. It'll be empty for a few months before anyone goes in it. So hopefully by then I'll have some plant coverage.

The dirt will be nice and covered by time I eventually have froggies in there though ❤

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what I was going to say as well.

None of my tanks have ground cover plants. When there are regular plants that happen to fall over to the ground (such as when a large frog jumps on them and breaks the stem) the frogs avoid that area and play in the leaf litter elsewhere.
Plant Leaf Nature Botany Vegetation

Really? That's interesting, because my 3 azureus LOVE their big patch of dwarf baby tears. They gravitate towards it. I'd say it's probably one of their favorite spots in the tank. They love to bounce around of the plants.

Also, definitely more leaf litter coming, I just happen to run out from using the leftover from my previous build. There won't be anyone living in it for months anyway. Just taking my time & deciding which plants I want on the floor.

If they choose to not use the floor as much, that's fine too, I designed this tank to utilize alot more vertical space with the ledge and high up branches. Once things grow in, it should be a fun place for one of my 3 azureus to live. It's a work in progress. I'll be adding more plants, the tiny tissue culture broms will (hopefully) grow in and not die 😂🙏 I just started adding things yesterday, so it's still a baby tank and will go through many changes before it's ready for one of the azureus. 😍

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm...I'm not an expert in this area, but how about Octoblepharum albidium or maybe Soleirolia soleirolii (if your viv is moist enough).
I definitely considered dwarf baby tears since my frogs seem to like it so much, I wasn't sure if it would grow up and grab on to the tire swing though. Maybe if I just keep it groomed really well 🤔 what do u know about string of frogs? That would probably stay flat I bet. I do have some in my garden I could start cuttings of. But idk their growth habits in a vivarium.

·
Registered
956 Posts
This is what I was going to say as well.

None of my tanks have ground cover plants. When there are regular plants that happen to fall over to the ground (such as when a large frog jumps on them and breaks the stem) the frogs avoid that area and play in the leaf litter elsewhere.
I've grow tired of your plant bashing...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plant Wood Botany Organism Terrestrial plant
Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Wood
Plant Green Natural environment Wood Botany
Plant Wood Terrestrial plant Aquatic plant Pet supply

I decided I'm okay with pruning this string of frogs when it tries to encroach on other areas. I like that it stays flat and sorta gives the "mossy" look without requiring the high moisture content of moss.

Please note, no, the frog isn't staying in there yet. But I'm not gonna lie I could not resist the photo op. He's back in his home now until the tank is established, springtails and isopods are booming & more leaf litter has arrived 😊

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts