Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the world of darts and would like to know if there is anyone local to my area also raised dart frogs. I have been to our local Reptile and Amphibian show in Shelbyville, Ky. twice and after the last, I am the proud owner of 4 D. azureus, a breeding pair and 2 unsexed juveniles.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I am in Lexington, I have 9 tanks of frogs. If you need help with anything let me know, I always have extra fruit flies if you run out and lots of extra terrarium supplies like moss.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you bgexotics. What kind of frogs do you own? I am looking at getting some more as soon as I can talk my wife into letting me.

·
Registered
720 Posts
This is what I have:
2 Pairs of Azureus
4 Green Leopard Tincs
3 Leucomelas
3 Green and black Auratus
3 Cobalt Tincs (for sale)
1 baby Azureus and alot of tadpoles
6 Mantellas
3 Red Eye Tree Frogs

You are more than welcome to come see my frogs and set-ups.
-Heather

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you have Mantellas. What type are they? I have always loved the golden mantellas (Mantella aurantiaca). 3 Cobalt Tincs for sale??? Might this be for a good price? :D Are they sexed? I have found that, as another person said "They're like potato chips, once you have some you just can't stop!" :lol:
Also, I was reading another post of yours about the condition of poison dart frogs in pet stores and noticed that your husband works in a local pet store. If it isn't too much, may I ask which store he works in? I have been to all the pet stores in the Lexington area multiple time in the last 15 years and have only come upon a small handful of dart frog tanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts