Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More specifically, something with good striping and a nice open rosette in the 12 to 15 inch range. I'm in the process of planning my next big viv and would like to start collecting specimens. Thanks for your help!

Chris

·
Registered
975 Posts
Nice recommendation tony. They are also very inexpensive and easy to find at menards or something similar. I got one for about 4 bucks. I had to cut the stem in the middle because they shoot extensions upward out the middle and it was pushing it funny. also supports Alot of weight. Great for smaller tree frogs

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think it gets that big.
I didnt realize your viv was going to be so large. Now Im reccomending Vresia heiroglyphica
Even though the viv will be big I want to stay in the medium (by viv standards) range. My goals is to have several clusters of different species. I think it will look more natural that just having a couple huge broms that fill the whole tank.

Heiroglyphica is certainly eye-catching... wow!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Both of those hannibal lectors are full grown, HL seem to be very slow growing Id say they are about 15 inches wide, both are sending up offsets. way smaller than V. heiroglyphica they get 24 inches wide.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
the UW greenhouse near me has a hieroglyphica that has never pupped or flowered thats over 5 feet wide, and has grown vertically so much it has a four foot trunk that makes it resemble a small palm tree. fleshfrombone knows what Im talking about, and might have a picture of it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
'Splenriet' is a cultivar of V. splendens. There is a cultivar named 'Mini' that stays smaller.
I have a splenriet that has outgrown my 220g tank. It's a shame because I really like the wide barring and have seen up to six leucs at one time spending the evening in it. I asked around and could not find something similar to replace it...thanks for the heads up on the "mini".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts