Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, got a few plants I'd like to try and identify, but looking for a little help. First one comes from @dablock and was a gift with my two leucs. IRL the plant vines and has more of a reddish hue and the leaves are fuzzy.

Then there's this stunning tree at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens that was blanketed in what I assume is some kind of peperomia?

...and finally, this small marcgravia that likewise was all over one of the trees.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm no expert, but the first plant resembles a Pearcea species (Gesneriad family); I think at least a few forms in the hobby are as-yet-unnamed or have no IDs beyond that.

The second plant does indeed look like a Peperomia, given the blooms; images I've seen of Peperomia serpens are close to this, in terms of leaf appearance and trunk-covering habits, though the one I'm growing has slightly more heart-shaped leaves and doesn't hug the surface quite so tightly. Then again, I'm sure there's enough genetic variability to account for that, or just different environmental conditions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no expert, but the first plant resembles a Pearcea species (Gesneriad family); I think at least a few forms in the hobby are as-yet-unnamed or have no IDs beyond that.

The second plant does indeed look like a Peperomia, given the blooms; images I've seen of Peperomia serpens are close to this, in terms of leaf appearance and trunk-covering habits, though the one I'm growing has slightly more heart-shaped leaves and doesn't hug the surface quite so tightly. Then again, I'm sure there's enough genetic variability to account for that, or just different environmental conditions.
I think you're right! It seems to closely resemble what's going around as pearcea sp. ecuador.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts