Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Pretty darned kewl! They aren't ID'd by chance? If they are, off to Home Depot I go!

Steve

·
Registered
253 Posts
Very nice! I was able to grab some nice broms with lots of pups from Lowes a few weeks back. They turned out to be the perfect size for my new vivs as well. I recently ordered a bunch of plants from one of the vendors with a banner ad and wish I had just done my plant shopping locally. Doh!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Nice haul. I really wish that the local home depot had more neo's occationally.

I've notice too that Home Depot often bundles plants with a fancy pot, but they are always potted in plastic pots inside. I asked an associate and they said it was fine to just take the plastic pot out, as long as it has a bar code too, and buy just that, they will just put something else in the fancy pot. Often times the plant alone is like $2.99. Also often if the inside pot doesn't have a bar code, it is the same potted plant that might be found in a cheep plastic shroud pot nearby. Don't spend money for something you don't need/won't use.

I've now made it a habit of swinging into Lowes, Home Depot, and even walMARX on a regular basis. I got a nice Neo Zeo at walmart, a killer Fireball with a fully grown pup at Lowes, and a 8" basket of creeping ficus for $6.99. More cuttings than I will ever need!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
That's just amazing. I'm going hunting tomorrow 

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it was a sign, I haven't built any vivs in about a year and this week im starting a 55 gal project so perfect timing. And you should of seen the look on my fiance's face when I flipped out after finding these, I literally dropped what I had and said find me a basket she stood there and looked at me like I was insane as I started grabbing everyone they had then after seeing other people trying to look at the plants I blocked the stand untill my fiance had my basket.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
...as I started grabbing everyone they had then after seeing other people trying to look at the plants I blocked the stand untill my fiance had my basket.
:D I found a few at Lowes today, no ID and not as nice, but for $3 how can youi go wrong?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I found a pot with 8 neos w/ pups at walmart for 5$, a huge neo tiger for 12$ (about 15 in tall, might not be a tiger, but looks like one!) and a HUGE basket of creeping fig for 3$. Also had a basket of pothos and about a zillion crypts and tillys.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found a pot with 8 neos w/ pups at walmart for 5$, a huge neo tiger for 12$ (about 15 in tall, might not be a tiger, but looks like one!) and a HUGE basket of creeping fig for 3$. Also had a basket of pothos and about a zillion crypts and tillys.
When did you find all of this? I found a bunch of crypts once like a year ago but I haven't seen any recently.

·
Registered
701 Posts
When did you find all of this? I found a bunch of crypts once like a year ago but I haven't seen any recently.
Walmart. If you live in colorado (kind of hard to answer your question when you say where and I already said walmart, i'm assuming you live in CO) theres a huge walmart near littleton, they have tons of tropicals there. Oops forgot to mention, I found them a few days ago

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Walmart. If you live in colorado (kind of hard to answer your question when you say where and I already said walmart, i'm assuming you live in CO) theres a huge walmart near littleton, they have tons of tropicals there. Oops forgot to mention, I found them a few days ago
I actually live in las vegas, and found the crypts at walmart about a year ago, it's just sometimes the same plants will get sent to alot of the walmart's so if they are at yours theres a good possibility that they may have some here. So I guess im going hunting cause crypts are one of my favorites.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I actually live in las vegas, and found the crypts at walmart about a year ago, it's just sometimes the same plants will get sent to alot of the walmart's so if they are at yours theres a good possibility that they may have some here. So I guess im going hunting cause crypts are one of my favorites.
Yeah I like crpyts too. They had about 40 crpyps, not sure on what exact type, but were dark green and there was a few black/white/green ones too. Then they had tons of these (they also have some at my HD)

It's a very nice tiger bromeliad (not my pic)
They had a few other vivarium-sized bromeliads but not sure exact type.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
That's a great deal, especially since Rainforest Flora sells them for $10 each at their own nursery.
Glossy Paint is one of my favorite minis.
FWIW, Rainforest Flora supplies most of the Home Depots in SoCal with broms and Tilandsias. Usually they are in big display arrangements. They don't send their mini Neos out to Home Depots very often. Nice find!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Home Depot?! Seriously?! Honey, that's my Home away from HOME! Actually, it's nearly across the street from me, so just as soon as the critter-sitter comes by and takes a look at our menagerie, I'm heading on over. Hope she doesn't freak out, or it may take longer......

sweet!

kristi

·
Registered
56 Posts
You guys lucked out, I went to walmart, lowes, and home depot in Raleigh, Nothing at all! Sweet finds though I'm gonna keep looking, thanks for sharing...

Robbie

1 - 20 of 35 Posts