Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from Ontario!

I have used this website on and off over the last 4 or 5 years to answer my burning vivarium questions and to admire this communities wonderful creations!

I am currently in a 1 bedroom apartment so I can no longer keep large enclosures. All tanks going forward will be 5 gallons or less. Because of my situation, I have decided to explore the world of jumping spiders and I am currently working on cylindrical vivaria to house them (inspired by the beautiful cylinders created by Dusk).

The only tank I have up and running at the moment is a 5 gallon converted Fluval Spec, with plants and no livestock.

No false bottom. ADA aqua soil substrate. Soil is banked using egg-crate/light diffuser. Setup is currently misted daily but I will be hooking up my mist king and a small 40mm PC fan for ventilation. Background was created using White Willow (Salix alba) bark which was siliconed to the back of the tan and Sphagnum moss was shoved in between the cracks. Leaf litter consists of American Beech (Fagus grandifolia) leaves. Plants include:

Ludwigia palustris
Hydrocotyle leucocephala
Staurogyne repens
Ranunculus inundatus
Riccia fluitans
Ricciocarpos natans
Salvinia minima
Microsorum pteropus
Taxiphyllum Barieri
Pilea glaucophylla

I am unsure what the small-leaved trailing herbaceous vine is which looks reminiscent of Tradescantia

Anddddd a little mushroom which has sprouted from the Willow bark:

Corey

·
Registered
41 Posts
Very cool! I have a spec V (w/ fish) and the scale of your set up is amazing for such a little tank. Very impressive!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's really cool. I have a friend that's into spiders and other "creepy crawlers". I should suggest jumping spiders to her. Also lovely background.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts