Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been growing plants for a number of years. I recently built this living wall in the front entrance of one of my greenhouses for fun. I used left over parts from another wall I built and a old pond pump. This winter it was bare but it has really grown out this spring and summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a simple setup. The material is a cement like resin board that does not rot. It was then covered in a thick felt. The felt is a mesh of organic and inorganic material that can last a long time. Often called shoddy felt. A simple pump and irrigation hose is placed on the wall the the felt is attached with large staples. The pump is on a timer and pumps water to the top and down drip holes in the pipe a few times a day. Plants root quickly and it seems to make a nice micro climate for the plants.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Can this be applied small scale? I like it a lot! I guess, the success is limited by the plants themselves. The plants would have to be very carefully selected to avoid overgrowth. I love the pics, wonderful work! Thanks!

JBear

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been good. The weather here is not very good we have to many extremes. The plant breeding I have been doing seems to finally be taking off. Hopefully soon I will get a better income from my work.

I really miss your site and plants. It seems shortly after you left I had this addiction to grow more hoyas and other odd plants you had. You were one hell of a good source for cool plants. You thinking about ever getting back into it again??

Let me know if your down this way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts