Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a living hinge from this website called CRAFTICS because US Plastics ran out. Does anyone know of any other websites that offer them, in case this website turns out to suck too? Using it for 1/4" thick glass lid for 40g breeder

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't love living hinges because I'm paranoid about the idea of them wearing out and cracking along the seam.

I like to use a plastic hinge like this that mounts to the surface using silicone.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Why not just make one out of silicone
He could though. If you dont do it right, it doesnt bend all the way back. The silicone may crack. I built living hinges with silicone and it isnt difficult at all. You have to have patience and use painters tape to make a nice bead of silicone.

·
Registered
19,342 Posts
Graingers. They ship out fast and have a wide selection of them. I spent $7 for 8 feet of heavy duty living hinge.

Ed

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Graingers. They ship out fast and have a wide selection of them. I spent $7 for 8 feet of heavy duty living hinge.

Ed
Awesome. Didn't even think to go here.

·
Registered
19,342 Posts
McMaster Carr is also another good site to look for things you need.

Ed

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
McMaster Carr is also another good site to look for things you need.

Ed
Yes, I found that site this morning as well. I actually managed to get my hands on this hinge from US Plastics the day after I posted this, but the thing is, they seem like they go out of stock left and right. So having a back-up source is always a good thing, although I got a 6' piece, so I shouldn't need it for a little while, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts