Dendroboard banner

List of Froggers in Oklahoma

7K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  RichardA 
#1 ·
I wanted to see who's in our area and be able to trade, sell, and network with each other. I've met several people in the area that keep and breed darts and thought it'd be nice just to get everyone listed in one spot.

I'm Ben Wehr
in Broken Arrow, OK
benwehr@yahoo.com

I have
2.2.20 Tinc. azureus
1.1.0 campana auratus
1.0.1 Green & Black costa rican auratus
0.1.0 Blue black auratus
2.2.0 Tinc. Surinam Cobalt
0.1.0 Tinc. Citronella
0.1.0 Rio Branco Pumilio

Always looking to sell or trade azureus froglets. Wanting a male rio branco pum., Intermedias, galactonotus red, Tinc. Matecho, Tinc. Patricia & Terribilis mint, orange, yellow, also need a male citronella.

#2 ·
My name is Brett Lonergan, and I am in Tulsa, OK.
The only things that I ever sell are springtails, tropical and temperate, and I can sell fruit flies. Let me know if you need any, local only. (Local being Tulsa and occationally OKC area.)

I only know of three other froggers in Oklahoma that are one this board. We will see if they respond.

#4 ·
Nice to meet Brett, Let me know if you ever want any Azureus. James, if you're ever in the area drop a line. I used to live out in Germantown MD. Maybe if we get enough people in our area connected we could get together for trades, buys, meetings and what have ya.
Brett, if you know of any locally that want any azureus let me know.

#5 ·
Eh hate to admit i live here but OK ;) .... Hi!

Keeping a few newts, a fire bellied toad,1 gecko, 3 darkland babies and 2 tads being raised on chicken egg yolk, and one black bassleri. Had 40+ dart frogs and a few geckos till the recent ice storm wiped most of em out and killed alot of my viv plants....so im in the process of rebuilding and reorganizing. Probably never gonna go as big as i did, stickin with a half dozen larger tanks instead of the 15+ i had going at one time.

#7 ·
I'm not in OK, but my folks live there in Newkirk. If I don't have much success with finding locals here in CO, I might just have to mix and match on my trips down to see them. I can already imagine the response when I tell 'em. "hey mom, I gotta go see a guy about a frog."

Just so long as I don't have to transport them in a blizzard like the one I hit last Christmas. Started snowing before I got outta Colorado Springs, snow stopped in Pratt, KS, and started raining, which stopped somewhere around 20 minute after I got to Newkirk.

#8 ·
Hey, that's cool. I live in Broken Arrow. Feel free to give me a call when you're in town. 918.282.0158. I breed or usually have available: Azureus, luecomelas, Blue/ green/ teal/ auratus, Tinc. Citronella, & Tinc. Cobalts.

I know what you mean about transporting too. Though I just took a family trip to florida and took some frogs down traded for new frogs, kept them in my hotel for a week and took them back on the two day car trip. We were dealing with 90+ degree heat which isn't much better than freezing conditions. It's not that difficult actually to insulate and keep the frogs warm if you'll be in a warm car and can keep them with you if you get out or stay some where over night. The funniest thing on our trip was to see the managers face at Applebee's when I told him that I had Poison dart frogs in the bag I was carrying. I though we might get kicked out, but he thought it was pretty cool.

#11 ·
I guess I'll quit lurking and chime in as well. I'm pretty new to dart frogs and have been pestering Dendro Dave with all sorts of noob questions. :D Thanks dave for all the advice and help you have given me!

Anyway, I live in the west tulsa / sapulpa area. See you all around.

#15 ·
Hi.
I am located in SE Tulsa near Broken Arrow.
I current breed and sell Azureus and in the summer should have Cobalts and Citronellas ready. I also have D. Leucomelas that are unsexed.

Ben,
I think I purchased my Azureus pair from your around a year ago.??? Did you used to work at the Ultimate Reefs store?

Let me know if anyone is interested in selling or trading frogs locally.

#17 ·
If you are staying in the dorms there, I think we were allowed fish at least if the tank wasn't to large. You could probably sneak it in and claim it will be a fish tank if anyone asks, or if your RA is cool you may not have to hide anything. Try to get a room facing the girls dorm...its worth it, trust me ;)

#21 ·
Nah this thread is perpetual, it never gets old. Sadly though new names don't appear as often as I'd like ;( Anyways welcome! Good to see another red galact keeper in the state that makes at least 3 ;) Maybe OK will become the main supplier for red galacts someday :)

#30 ·
Ya I've got 4 reds right now...I may have lucked out, they look like they may be 2 males and 2 females but I'm not sure. Probably be late winter or spring before I can reasonably expect to see any breeding behavior.

#36 ·
I might be down assuming there isn't a scheduling conflict...which there probably won't be ;) At some point when my place is clean I've been planning to invite u all over...but I'm pretty bad at procrastinating when it comes to cleaning so not sure when that will be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.