Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 37 gallon with 4 23watt cfl's, a 14 gallon that is 18" high with 2 23watt cfl's and a 25 gallon that is 22" high with 3 23watt cfl's. Curious on opinions as to if I have too much light? Is there a way to tell if I have to much? thank you

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Temperatures bro. If it's too hot, it's too much. Beyond that it has to do more with the light requirements of the types of plants you are keeping.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That may be a little on the high end of what your plants need, depends on what you are trying to grow, but it doesn't seem too excesive. What animals are in these enclosures? PDFs in all of them? As long as your animals have plenty of shady areas to get out of the direct light, your not having any heat issues (more of a summer issue for us midwesterners) and your not having any burn issues with your plants, that amount of light should be ok.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in this one the smaller leaved plant on the cliff edge is turning a clearish color, would that be lighting or possibly a different defficiency?

·
Registered
151 Posts
It looks like a salagenella. I'm an animal handler, not a plant wrangler, so someone else here would be able to give you better information, but one of the salagenellas I grow, every time I have ever tried to grow a clump directly under a light, it turns white like that and dies off. I guessed it to be a case of too much light, but it could also be that I'm letting it get to dry. I'm still not sure exactly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
How old is that viv? It seems somewhat sparsely planted. Id suggest trying to get a couple cuttings of pothos or wandering jew. Most big box garden centers should have one or the other, just treat anything from a garden center as diseased and poisoned and quarantine appropriately.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
less than 2 months, waiting on a couple vines to take off in the back and possibly putting anither brom in there when my other tanks brom's pup is ready to go, maybe ill slip some pothos in there for the time being

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not too bad for only 2 months. Some pothos varieties can really take over quick, keep an eye on things if your trying to grow some slower growing plants.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kinda taking it slow with this one and my other new tank, dont want it to over grow and doing a couple plants at a time to see what works and what doesnt, frogs wont be introduced for a few months....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts