Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the zoo med ocean sun lightbulb 10,000k? I have used this in my 75gal and worked great with the growth of plants and moss .it also keeps the temp around 75-80f. Just wondering if anyone has used these and some feedback please!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Has anyone used the zoo med ocean sun lightbulb 10,000k? I have used this in my 75gal and worked great with the growth of plants and moss .it also keeps the temp around 75-80f. Just wondering if anyone has used these and some feedback please!
I've used them with reefs. Vivs? No?! They have a very high light color. Do you have any pictures of the plants you've grown? I'd be interested in seeing someone use a 10k bulb for vivs.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how to apply pics to a post , but if you check out my photos you will see my viv's . I'm using these bulbs in all my viv's right now a have no problems. The plants are mainly airplants & bromeliads. The moss has been thriving in there as well .

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've used them with reefs. Vivs? No?! They have a very high light color. Do you have any pictures of the plants you've grown? I'd be interested in seeing someone use a 10k bulb for vivs.
10k really isn't all that blue of a color. mainly white. Its actually pretty close to daylight, and is sometimes referred to as "super purified daylight" There are multiple people on the board that have used 10k bulbs with good results. You don't always have to stick in the 6500k box ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts