Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to ask about lighting again.:rolleyes: but I have nearly everything else before my tank arrives but lighting is the thing I am having a nightmare with still. The tank I have on order is now W 3ft x D 20 inch x H 32 inch I am looking at the Twinstar 900s

LED type: RGB-W, Samsung LED, Nichia LED
Temperature: 6500K K
Operating temperature: -10 ° C to 40 ° C
One year warranty.
Intensity: 5170 lm

Would this be the best for this size tank ?
Sorry again for asking the same question but this is the last main thing on my list an I want to get it right. Thank you again for any help and advice it is greatly appreciated
Gary

·
Registered
737 Posts
Sorry to ask about lighting again.:rolleyes: but I have nearly everything else before my tank arrives but lighting is the thing I am having a nightmare with still. The tank I have on order is now W 3ft x D 20 inch x H 32 inch I am looking at the Twinstar 900s

LED type: RGB-W, Samsung LED, Nichia LED
Temperature: 6500K K
Operating temperature: -10 ° C to 40 ° C
One year warranty.
Intensity: 5170 lm

Would this be the best for this size tank ?
Sorry again for asking the same question but this is the last main thing on my list an I want to get it right. Thank you again for any help and advice it is greatly appreciated
Gary
This should work pretty well for you. At 32" it would be a little weak but you are going to have a false bottom in there that will elevate the substrate up somewhere around 4 to 6 inches which means your actual depth from light to substrate will be around 27 or 28 inches (given the added height of the lights legs if installed). This will be a good option and certainly will give you a nice quality of light.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you again minorhero The tank has not having a false bottom so does this make a difference. ?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I've got a bunch of lights very similar in output to yours (5150 lumens) over a bunch of humidomes for plant propagation. I have them on racks with the shelves spaced out for 18" cubes. Since they are just humidomes, there is no false bottoms. If anything they are too intense for many of the plants that I have. Some of my plants clearly don't like the intensity I think your selection would be great for your size tank. There is always a learning curve for understanding optimal plant positioning for each species. Your tank will change too. As your tank grows in your shodows, air circulation change, water runoff etc. You will figure it all out with time, but I believe your light has good specs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your reply's with your help and advice. My tank hasn't been made yet so I can make changes.
Thanks again
Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts