Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what type of lighting is best for a relatively simple 20H dart vivarium with a few small plants and mostly moss?
Compact flourescents? are they worth it or can I use something a little simpler?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
both of my 20gal tanks have 2 22watt flouros in a "shop light" fixture and i have moss growing all over in there. some people will tell you more light bigger plants, but i find that in a viv less light = less trimming and smaller growth. so depending on how you want it to fill up, more or less to your taste =)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you did a search for this topic it would come up a lot. I use floresent lights on my 20gallon and it has plants I have the esu reptile light and used that for a while but then switched to use that on my red eyes tank. Then I used the floresent lights that are on the fish tanks and my plant have grow twice the size already. They are the floresent lights that go on a 10 gallon tank i have two of them on my 20 gallon and they work good for me

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
My moss started browning until i got some cf's. Not java sheet moss i think it is. Java does fine in normal lights for me. But keep in mind individual setups differ greatly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts