Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Exoterra that I've been messing with on and off for over two years and I can't really figure out what to do with it. I've debated selling it but have recently decided to try once more. I've used the exo compact tops in the past, but don't really know how much I like them. Definitely not as good as my T-5 bulbs on a 29 gallon.

Anyone have experience with these and strongly recommend anything? Based on where it is, I really need a solution that will rest on top of the exo.

Thanks for all the help! This forum has long been a great resource for my PDF habit.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
That tank is the same footprint as 2 of my ZooMeds. I'm using LED from Light your reptiles (14watt) combined with 6700k GE CFLs from walmart. Two 26 watt CFLs in an Exo Top should be plenty of light.

You wouldn't be going wrong with T5s either though, thats just a more espensive solutution.

·
Registered
557 Posts
That tank is the same footprint as 2 of my ZooMeds. I'm using LED from Light your reptiles (14watt) combined with 6700k GE CFLs from walmart. Two 26 watt CFLs in an Exo Top should be plenty of light.

You wouldn't be going wrong with T5s either though, thats just a more espensive solutution.

Hi Doug... BTW, how are your plants doing with the mixed lighting?
I bet they are doing great!
:) Todd

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Hi on my rack I use 4' strip lights from lowes with I think T12 bulbs. The top shelf on my rack holds 2 18x18x24 zoomeds, with the light about 3"-4" above it. It works out very well. The lighting is very natural, and they just look great under the light!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey yea i jsut got a 36" off of ebay for like 80 bucks. Its a T5 HO with 3 bulbs and also has blue LEDS built in for night. This things also has a built in timer so it can keep a constant schedule going and works great!! Have it hanging above my 2 18x18x24 zoomeds and lights then perfectly! Just an idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts