Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted everyone’s opinion if the following light strip would be adequate for a dart frog vivarium. Will it be adequate for the plants also.

Thanks Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
It depends on what plants you want to grow and how tall your tank is - for instance, it seems to me (dart people, correct me if I'm wrong) that lights intense enough to color up bromeliads are usually too intense for dart frogs.

·
Registered
758 Posts
If you're going LED I highly recommend NiCrew. I am getting fantastic plant growth with mine. Also I think they're cheaper than the Aqueons. I could be wrong about that. NiCrew also has a dusk/dawn simulator control you can buy for $15 to have a dawn and dusk for your frogs.

·
Super Moderator
3,083 Posts
If you're going LED I highly recommend NiCrew. I am getting fantastic plant growth with mine. Also I think they're cheaper than the Aqueons. I could be wrong about that. NiCrew also has a dusk/dawn simulator control you can buy for $15 to have a dawn and dusk for your frogs.
To further Jason's post: I only use Nicrew lights for my tanks. So cheap, reasonable quality, nice light quality on the RGB plus, or SkyLED plus. And the ramp up timer is great and easy to use

·
Registered
26 Posts
To further Jason's post: I only use Nicrew lights for my tanks. So cheap, reasonable quality, nice light quality on the RGB plus, or SkyLED plus. And the ramp up timer is great and easy to use
Do they have a ramp-up timer useable for multiple lights? Or do you need to buy one for each fixture?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the help.

Roger

·
Registered
758 Posts
One for each fixture unfortunately
Another unfortunate. If your power goes out the timer loses the current time. So if you're going out of town (and have no one at home taking care of your frogs) it's important to disconnect the dawn/dusk control and hook your light into a standard timer.

·
Super Moderator
3,083 Posts
Another unfortunate. If your power goes out the timer loses the current time. So if you're going out of town (and have no one at home taking care of your frogs) it's important to disconnect the dawn/dusk control and hook your light into a standard timer.
That too. It will actually just reset the timer to 12:00:00AM, so if your room doesn't have windows then it will effectively just start a new day/ night cycle for the frogs. (Had it happen while I was out of town for a week).

·
Registered
758 Posts
That too. It will actually just reset the timer to 12:00:00AM, so if your room doesn't have windows then it will effectively just start a new day/ night cycle for the frogs. (Had it happen while I was out of town for a week).
Well that's good to know.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. This is what I do.

Roger

1 - 13 of 13 Posts