Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I exclusively use glass tops for my tanks which I have cut at a local shop. I was wondering what you all use as handles to open your lids. Thus far I have just used spare AGA handles, but I am running out. I want to try something new.

Any thoughts?

-Richard

·
Registered
665 Posts
I silicon on acrylic pieces that are 2" long x .5" x .5" polished with the edges rounded, I get them for about 25 cents each on Canal Street but you can probably get them at any plastics store.

rjm

·
Registered
720 Posts
You are in Maryland. I used to live there and work at the Aquarium Center in Randallstown. I am pretty sure they can get you more AGA handles. They probably have them in stock and if not they can order them cheaply.

G

·
I use...

clear suction cups. They require no adhesives (sans water), can be used, removable for cleaning, and dirt cheap. These have proven their worth to me ten fold. If you decide to give them a try, be sure to find some with an ample 'stem' so that you have something to grip easily.

-Bill J.

G

·
I have used black electrical tape folded in half with about 1/2" of tape on the top and bottom. It just makes a little pull tab. works nice, easy to fix, and cheap.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bgexotics,
When did you work at the aquarium center. I used to LIVE in that store when I was into fish. They have the best prices on just about everything short of mail order. I am a little tired of the AGA handles because I have to cut the glass tops smaller to allow room for the handle to fit properly.

Bill,
Thanks for the pics. I like that idea a lot.

hah. The tape idea is pretty creative.

What I think I am going to do is buy some Oceanic pulls and install those. Basically I would us order one more hole cut into the glass.

Thanks a lot!
-Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.