Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought leucs were always everywhere over the tank. Mine hide all day. Could it be the temperature is too low? I haythe tank in my room and it doesn’t really get above 70. They are probably 9 months old. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I thought leucs were always everywhere over the tank. Mine hide all day. Could it be the temperature is too low? I haythe tank in my room and it doesn’t really get above 70. They are probably 9 months old. Any thoughts?
How long have you had them?
Pics of the setup please?

I doubt the temps are too low unless they are dipping into the low 40 for extended periods of time. I lived in a house where the indoor temps where the exact same as the outdoor temps. There were many consecutive weeks each year where the indoor temps would be in the low 50 to mid 40s. Not advised, but my luecs were no worse for the wear dealing with it for six years. They were less active and did not have as fast a metabolism, but they were not shy by any means. Would not advocate those conditions as being optimal, and certainly wouldn't recommend it with any other species (they were the only frogs I had at the time). My point is that luecs are very temperature hardy, both hot and cold. I would look at other issues.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
I dont think they are being shy rather than slightly torpid.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Pics would be great. Likely dipping into the mid 60's at night which usually leads to less active frogs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts