Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in the process of building a close to 115gl tank. The dimensions will be 36 x 24 x 30. I plan to have several leucs in there. I want to start with a cheaper species before i make the plunge, but other good arboreal frog suggestions are welcome.

My first question is how many leucs could i have in there so they would feel comfortable ?

My second question is if i decided to add another type of pdf into the tank, what would be a good candidate? (probably leaning towards terrestrial species, as the leucs will mostly use the upper space).

TIA everyone.

-Luke

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If it was me with a tank that big I would but 15 or a few more unless you add another species. based on the size the luecs should be comfie.

my luecs have never been arboreal staying towards the top of the viv.......they always are on the ground as a ground species.....this is just my experience most larger frogs tend to say towards the ground and most thumbnail species seem to be the arboreal types......you will love the call the luec makes and they are fairly loud when calling......As for mixing species that is frowned on but if you had two totally diffrent species maybe....the luecs will agian stay towards the ground not the upper spaces this is just in my case though.. hope this helps

You should also try to attend the White Plains Show on the 15-16 very good show and could find darts there I work with Glasscages.com and as i will not be there because of back surgery my buddy stroop will and he would answer any quesitons you have if you want to talk to a person.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i read all the species mixing posts. If i did mix species it would obviously be only those that would not interbreed or cause stress to one another. I'm not definitely going to do this, but just though i would plan this stuff in advance.

I'll be trying to build the viv with access to the upper parts, so that the leucs will be able to get up there.

I will be going to the white plains show...can't wait!

-Luke

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would keep it to just Leucs. I have 8 in my 60 long breeding tank, and it's my favorite for a lot of reasons. The leucs are all over the place, at any given time I can see at least 5 of them. I have a large piece of wood, and they are on the ground, or up on the wood at the very top of the tank. It's a very heavily planted tank, and they are still out in the open since they are such a bold frog. The other great reason is the calling, I have the tank in between my kitchen and family room on a half wall, and I can hear them calling all day long!!!

G

·
0 Posts
i know mixing is frowned upon, but ill tell you that right now i have younger (about 4 month old) leucs with gb auratus in a tank together, and they get along fine. they actually even sleep near each other and interact. both are pretty passive species, so i would say that it's possible this could work if u really wanted to do it. i plan on separating them eventually though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts